Vermeer: Woman Holding a Balance, 16'' Matted Print, Black Frame
This print of Johannes Vermeer's Woman Holding a Balance (1664) is part of our Masterworks collection of reproductions, specially created using the Gallery's finest quality digital imaging. The image was printed to Gallery specifications and the frame was selected for a style appropriate to the period.
Woman Holding a Balance is a superb example of Vermeer's exquisite sense of stability and rhythm. A woman dressed in a blue jacket with fur trim stands serenely at a table in a corner of a room. The scales in her right hand are at equilibrium, suggestive of her inner state of mind. A large painting of the Last Judgment, framed in black, hangs on the back wall of the room. A shimmering blue cloth, open boxes, two strands of pearls, and a gold chain lie on the sturdy table. Soft light comes in through the window and illuminates the scene. The woman is so pensive that the viewer almost hesitates to intrude on her quiet moment of contemplation.
- 15 x 16 inches (print), 20.6 x 22.75 inches (matted and framed)
- Archival, premium matte paper (acid-free, lignin-free)
- Archival pigment inks
- Double matted
- Please note: high quality glass is neither UV-coated nor non-glare
- Antiqued wood frame with distressed finish
- Ready to hang
- More size and finish options available at NGA Custom Prints